Friday, June 29, 2007

Noosa

I just got back from a week at Noosa, a very posh little beach town about four hours north of Brisbane. The weather was chilly (it is the middle of winter here), but that didn’t stop me from taking some surf lessons. I’m proud (and surprised) to say that I managed to stand up on the board a couple of times! Most of my time was still spent being destroyed by waves and flailing about wildly in the water, so overall it was a humbling experience.

The town was right next to a national park, so when I wasn’t surfing, or standing under a hot shower trying to defrost from surfing, I was hiking around in the park, eating peanut butter sandwiches at various locations. All in all it was a successful week!

Tonight I’m leaving for my field trip in the outback to go around chasing kangaroos and wallabies. More later!



Come on Australia, drive-through liquor stores just can't be a good idea.














Playing with self-timers is fun.

3 comments:

writemom said...

Anna- i've been missing your updates so it's good to hear more news of the GAA -- Great Australian Adventure '07. I would love to visit all of the places you describe except for those with snakes and crocs. I'm apparently not allowed to comment on Zach's blog so you get to hear my insights. Joan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.